The fourth learning type is driven by the question What If? Beginning with the Extend step during the How? learning type, the learner begins to apply the new learning to more and more personal projects. We will learn to Refine and then Perform the personal project begun in the last episode.
Summary of video
- Ways to Refine your understanding of learning styles
- Building on your Extension of your Practice
- How to Perform to answer the What If? question
Resources specific to this post
- About Learning (4MAT) website
- 4MAT Research Guide
- McCarthy’s Learning Type Measure
- WEBINAR! Tuesday, July 28, 1 PM – Dr. McCarthy on “4MAT in Action”
- A great introductory article about classical schooling
- Khan Academy
- Art of Manliness blog
- Good Eats website
- School in the Cloud, Sugata Mitra’s idea that won the 2013 TED Prize. Check out his TED talks here.
- Aristotle’s Lyceum in Athens. And use Google Maps to see the sat pic of the archeological site. So cool that it’s on the same city block of the very modern buildings for the Greek National Conservatory, Children’s Museum, and Armed Forces Museum.
- Works of Aristotle, translated to English (start on p. 534 for his Sophistical Refutations)